Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Crock Pot Salsa Chicken

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture. 

8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 15 oz. cans corn
2 15 oz. cans beans~kidney, black, pinto, your choice (I used great northern white beans because that's all I had)
2 16 ounce jars salsa (I use one medium heat and one mild)
32 ounces plain yogurt or sour cream (I use yogurt because it is so much lower in fat and calories and when added I can't tell the difference and neither can my kids.)
Shredded cheese 

Put all ingredients into the crock pot, except the yogurt and cheese. Cook on high for about 4 hours or low for about 6 to 8 hours. 

When chicken is cooked through, shred it as best you can. Add yogurt and stir well. Serve over rice and sprinkle a little cheese over the top. 

This recipe feeds the 7 of us with left overs. If you are a small family, cut it in half. 

No comments:

Post a Comment