Monday, August 10, 2009

Woohoo...Go Me!

I have finally, after 1 1/2 years of trying, hit my first goal weight. When I first started trying to lose weight I weighed 181 pounds and was a size 14. I am now a size 10 in pants and I am, once again, wearing medium tops. 

I got on the scale this morning, naked and before eating a darn thing, and it finally said 149.9 pounds. I have been trying to get into the 140's for about a year now. Last summer I reached 155 pounds and I have been anywhere between 155 and 160 pounds since then.

To get to 149.9 I had to really watch my portion sizes. I still eat whatever I want. I just eat a smaller portion of it. For example, instead of eating a whole candy bar I am learning to eat half of it one day and save the other half for another day or make someone share it with me. I also measure EVERYTHING I am eating. Calorie counting has been a good thing for me. I am probably staying around 1200 calories a day. 

It's been working out great. Although, I will tell you, the first three weeks were really hard. I found myself really hungry and it was extremely hard to NOT EAT. 

I can now honestly say it was totally worth it. 149.9!!! 

7 comments:

  1. Wow. You way the same as me. I'm going to have to borrow some of your motivation and start losing with you. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I screwed up. I should have wrote "weigh" instead of "way." Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Feels good when you get something you've worked really hard for :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Losing weight is hard work but it's very rewarding :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Pretty soon you'll weigh less than I do!!!! Congrats my friend! Toni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you guys. It feels great to finally reach this first goal.

    ReplyDelete