This is my menu for the next five week days. All the recipes were chosen because of how easy they are to make. I do make a lot from scratch because they are healthier, but you could buy a lot of it canned or already prepared. Weekends are for leftovers and creating something really yummy, if I want.
Monday: Pizza Casserole with garlic bread and a veggie
Tuesday: Kielbasa Lentil Soup in the crock pot with rolls
Wednesday: Easy Chicken Parmesan with a salad
Thursday: Burritos. Wednesday night I will soak about 2 pounds of pinto beans. Thursday, I will put the beans in the crock pot with this recipe from allrecipes.com.
Friday: Chili dogs. I will make this chili recipe in the crock pot to put on top of the hot dogs. (But, you can use canned chili to make this dinner even easier.)
Sunday, October 7, 2012
• 1 1/2 lbs lentils
• 2 lbs (approx.) Beef Kielbasa, chopped
• 4 Tbsp. garlic, minced
• 1 large onion, diced
• 4 stalks celery, chopped
• 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
• 1 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
• 20 cups beef broth (This would equate to 10 cans of broth or 20 cups of water with 20 cubes of bouillon)
• 4 packets Sazon Seasoning (I found this at Walmart in the Mexican food aisle.)
Rinse lentils and put them into large stock pot. Add everything else into pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for about an hour, making sure the lentils are soft.
Posted by Christine at 8:48 AM