Monday, June 15, 2009

My weekend.

I just got off of working four days in a row. It was a hard four days. 

Every time I leave for work my three year old says "I don't want you to go." Then she cries and has me hug her for about 15 minutes. It sure makes it super hard to leave. 

Thursday and Friday were fairly easy nights, just busy. Lot's of calls from the residents for miscellaneous stuff. 

Saturday and Sunday I was the Med Tech on duty. Which means, I had to pass out all the medications at dinner time and bedtime. 

Saturday it took me the entire shift to get it all done. It was ridiculous. I was so slow. I got so frustrated I ended up asking a co-worker to help me finish. It was bad. (It didn't help that it was the first day of "that time of the month"). 

Yesterday went much better. I got meds done on time at dinner. Unfortunately, I had to send a very sick resident to the hospital which threw off my bedtime schedule. Oh well. I at least got them done much quicker than the night before. 

This was the first time I was on my own for the afternoon shift and I know it will take time to find my groove. 

Tomorrow I get to have a Mom's Night Out at a friend's house. I am so excited. It's hard to leave the kids, especially when I have worked the previous four days, but it feels good to hang out and gab with my friend's. Makes for some very nice down time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment