Friday, January 8, 2010

Banana Crisp

I made this recipe up by trying some other things lately. I never would have thought that cooking a banana would be so good. I like raw bananas just fine, but I don't eat them often. Cooked, they are amazing!

banana crisp

Ingredients:

Bananas--however many you will eat
1 Cup oats
1 Cup butter
1 Cup brown sugar

Directions:
1. Pick a baking dish--any size (I have used an 8x8 and a 9x13).
2. preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Mix 1/2 cup cold butter and the sugar until creamy.
4. Add in the oats and mix until combined. Set Aside. (This makes enough for a 9x13 size pan. You can refrigerate the rest for a later batch.)
5. Place the rest of the butter into the baking dish and put into oven until just melted.
6. Take the baking dish out and cut bananas in half length wise.
7. Place the cut bananas into the baking dish cut side down. You want them side by side--slightly squished together.
8. Sprinkle the oat mixture all over the top of the bananas. Cover them good.
9. Bake for about 15 minutes.
10. Serve with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy!

Post linked to Grocery Cart Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. My word!!! This sounds amazing. I'm not a big banana fan to just peel it and eat it but I always like banana bread or muffins. And bananas foster. I'll be trying this one soon! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I'm not an oats fan but I have to try this.

    ReplyDelete