Thursday, January 7, 2010

A little introspection.

Do you know what it feels like to offend somebody and not really know how you did it? I do. And let me tell you: It does not feel good to constantly wonder if you said something you shouldn't have. My mouth tends to say something and later I will think back on a conversation and think "why did I say that?" or wonder "why did I do that?"

About a year ago, I had a friend (a really good friend) quit talking to me. She wasn't mean about it, she just disappeared. It was weird. We had been friends for about 10 years and we had talked often. It was really hard to lose that friend.

I really don't want to lose the current friends I have. I am an extremely social person, at least I used to be. It has been really hard not having the time or energy to spend time with the friends in my life. I want to have parties and have friends over to watch movies or just gabber.

I know it is easy for me to get caught up in school and family, which are important, and forget my wonderful friends. I guess that should be my belated New Year's Resolution: To work on spending time with my friends.

To all my friends: I love you!

2 comments:

  1. Back at ya! I am a patient friend (or at least I try to be) and am willing to wait till you have time again. I think this applies to all your friends that I know. Hang in there, you won't always be so busy. Hugs,Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right back at you. I agree with Toni. Everyone goes through periods in life when they are too busy, too stressed, too whatever. But a true friend is one who understands and likes you anyways. Toni's right you won't always be this busy and it will all be worth it in the end. We still miss you guys like crazy though. :)

    ReplyDelete