Anyway, this is such an easy go to soup recipe that I like to serve as a side. I have been thinking about adding some small noodles to it and making it more a meal. It is super low in calories as is and so very healthy.
Weight Watchers Garden Vegetable Soup
Makes 9 Cups
6 Cups Broth (use whatever kind you like)
2 Carrots, peeled and dice
4 tsp. Garlic or 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 a Head of Cabbage (the green stuff, don't skip this because it makes the soup. Also, it tastes much better cooked then raw.)
1/2 lb. Green Beans, cut small (frozen work well)
2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
1 tsp. Dried Basil
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
1 tsp. Salt
1 Large Zucchini, diced
1. Spray a big pot with cooking spray over Meduim-High heat.
2. Saute the carrots, onion, and garlic for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients, except the zucchini, and bring to a boil.
4. Cover, reduce heat to Medium-Low and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through.
5. Add the zucchini and let cook about 5 more minutes.
For more recipe ideas and for ways to save on your grocery bill, check out Grocery Cart Challenge.