Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Worst Lab Partner. Ever.

Ok, maybe not ever, but he was pretty bad. 

Today we got to use a really cool microscope and look at some really neat cells.(these are onion cells.) We get to work in teams so when we need help, we can brainstorm with the partner. Usually, it is a great thing. I have never had a problem with any of my partners in the past. Today was different. My instructor designated this guy, who we will call Slacker, to me. 

I got all the materials together. I looked through all 20 slides by myself. (oh, wait. I GOT Slacker to look at the first three with me and then I said forget it.) Let me tell you, today's lab was HARD. I really could have used the help. We were learning about Mitosis and Meiosis

As Slacker was leaving, I said "Why don't you put the microscope away!" I promise, I wasn't nice. I talked to him like I would talk to one of the kids when they are giving me problems. 

After Slacker left, I went to my professor and asked him not to ever give Slacker to me as a partner again. I told him that the guy didn't do squat! Slacker will probably lose points, but you know what? I don't think I really care. 

1 comment:

About

Teeter
I am happily (it's true) married to my high school sweetheart (known as Hubby).

We have five children:
C, 17 year old boy
A & B, 15 year old twin girls
L, 11 year old boy
M, 6 year old girl

I am currently working on the classes I need to apply to our competitive nursing program.

I understand I am crazy.

More about me.