Monday, September 14, 2009

English Literature

One of the classes I am taking is English Literature. I thought I was going to find this class really boring and find it hard to want to read the stories. So far, I LOVE it. The stories are weird. The discussions in class are fun. The teacher is different.

We have read 6 stories up to now.

The two I have enjoyed the most because they got my brain juices flowing are:


The others are:

  • The Things They Carried by Tim O'brien (It's too new to give you the actual text. This an interesting one. No real brain juices flowing, nothing to really figure out.)
  • What You Pawn I Will Redeem by Sherman Alexie (This was a fun quick read. But, again, it's all given to you. No real juices going.)
  • Araby by James Joyce (sorry to any literature experts, but this was lame. Supposedly, a great work of literature. Umm, ok.)
  • The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka (Again, sorry to any literature people: Guy turns into a bug and dies. Woohoo. Yes, I know there is supposed to be more to it.
If any of you out there ready any of these, I would love to hear what you think of them. If you understand Araby, please explain it to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment