Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Traditions are important and my kids will not let me alter our traditions one bit!

Tonight, Christmas Eve, we get to have Cornish Game Hens, Wild Rice, Artichokes, and Cherry pie for dessert. The kids will drink apple cider wine in wine glasses. We will then go and look at Christmas lights around town and make lots of oohing and aahing sounds. The kids will go to bed at about 9 pm because I am a horrible mom who has to go to bed at some point. While waiting for them to fall asleep, I will watch It's a Wonderful Life while I wrap presents. (I have yet to stay awake through the entire movie so I don't know how it ends).

Christmas morning we will wake up early at the butt crack of dawn and open presents with some more oohing and aahing noises. I then get to spend the next lifetime making wonderful things to eat like pancakes with strawberries and bananas and whip cream on top, bacon, cream cheese eggs, and orange juice (Everything is made from scratch, except the O.J.).

Normally, at this point, I am done. I don't normally cook Christmas dinner. For the last 6 years we have gone out to eat for Christmas dinner. We live in a fairly small town where even Denny's (which is ALWAYS open or so their sign says) is closed. We have known to be seen at Jack in the Box the first couple years and a chinese restaurant the last couple. Last year we went to a friend's house for dinner and I actually missed my chinese Christmas dinner.

This year my grandmother drove up. (yes mom, she's here). She brought with her a 10 pound prime rib that we will be cooking for Christmas dinner. It's really nice having someone here for dinner. I love having people over and I think I like to go out for Christmas dinner because it is less lonely. I get to be around the big crowds (it's amazing how many people go out to eat Christmas dinner).

Next year I think I am going to invite over anyone who doesn't have plans, family to go to or have come over, or those who just want to get away from their family. It would be fun to have friends over to celebrate Christmas with.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday as I know we will!

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you as well!! Paul Leaves for Iraq at 8pm on Saturday so expect a call shortly after that from a histerical friend needing to talk. Its either call you or cry myself to sleep. Maybe both!!! Either way have a great Christmas. LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending the warmest Christmas wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea. Next year, if we don't have plans, we'll come bug you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin: That stinks! I hope you are doing alright. If you need to talk, I am here!

    Dutch: Thank you!

    Mom: I would LOVE if you came back up for Christmas! Or maybe we can come there the weekend before Christmas like we did for those couple of years. We liked that!

    ReplyDelete

About

Teeter
I am happily (it's true) married to my high school sweetheart (known as Hubby).

We have five children:
C, 17 year old boy
A & B, 15 year old twin girls
L, 11 year old boy
M, 6 year old girl

I am currently working on the classes I need to apply to our competitive nursing program.

I understand I am crazy.

More about me.